Get ready to experience the deliciousness of the Mediterranean with our recipe for Mediterranean Greek Salad. This salad brings together all the yummy things from the Mediterranean and Greek food.
You’ve got fresh veggies that are nice and crispy, tasty Kalamata olives that have a bit of a tangy bite, creamy feta cheese that’s so good, and a simple dressing that’s full of flavor. This salad is like a taste trip to sunny beaches and cozy villages by the Mediterranean Sea.
It’s perfect when you want a quick, healthy meal or when you’re having friends over and want to impress them with something awesome.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Flavor Fusion: Experience the lively blend of juicy tomatoes, tangy olives, and creamy feta cheese, all harmonized with a zesty dressing — a medley of flavors that epitomize Mediterranean indulgence.
- Effortless Delight: With a quick assembly of fresh ingredients and a burst of colors, this salad offers a taste of the Mediterranean with minimal effort, making healthy eating a joyous breeze.
Mediterranean Greek Salad
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into half-moons.
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half.
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste.
- black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare the VegetablesCut the cucumber in half lengthwise and then slice it into half-moon shapes. Thinly slice the red onion. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. If the Kalamata olives have pits, make sure to remove them and cut them in half.
- Combine the VegetablesIn a large salad bowl, combine the sliced cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and Kalamata olives.
- Add the Feta CheeseCrumble the feta cheese over the vegetables. You can do this with your hands or a fork.
- Make the DressingIn a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano, a pinch of salt, and some black pepper.
- Drizzle the DressingSlowly drizzle the extra virgin olive oil into the bowl with the dressing while continuing to whisk.
- Toss It TogetherPour the dressing over the vegetables and feta cheese in the large salad bowl.
- Mix It UpGently toss all the ingredients together to make sure everything is coated with the dressing.
- Season to TasteTaste the salad and adjust the seasoning if needed. You can add more salt, pepper, or even a little more lemon juice if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy